Wild Plate Contest Winner!
We have a winner! Dabney was picked by our random number generator! Congratulations, Dabney!
Now for the rest of you. Something magical always happens when I have a giveaway. I like to ask a question that needs to be answered to enter. For this contest, the question was to write about something that inspires you. I picked this because I was inspired by Laurel Anderson, the author of, “Wild Plate”.
Reading the comment entries that came in uplifted my spirit and completely made my day. I wanted to share some of the responses. I would encourage you to take a stroll through the comments as I am sure it will have the same effect on you.
Inspirations from our Entries:
- From Dabney: I’m inspired by foraging foods for almost 40 years…it would be lovely to get some new recipes!!!
- From Katie: Science inspires me. The science of food, the science of women, the human body, the science of God. I absolutely love the science behind a raw/whole food/plant based and holistic lifestyle. Without it I literally would not have my son. It inspires me everyday to keep going and proves to me that I am doing a great job as a mother, wife, and person in general.
- From D. Zola: I am inspired the dawning of a new day as the Sun rises, the sky burst with colorful rays of possibilities and my opportunity to impact the world begins.
- From T. Rosemary: Being an colon cancer survivor, I’m inspired by food that contributes to my health, instead of taking it away…
- From Catherine: There really isn’t one thing that inspires me. I see the colors in an abalone shell and I’m in awe. I have stood on the edge of Mt. Cook in New Zealand and listened to the ice crack on a sunny day. It entertained me for hours. My kids, when they tell stories about their day and events are so entertaining. There is so much more and you are probably wondering how this inspires me and I would ask you how could it not. I’m inspired to be a better Mum, enjoy the simple things in life, and find beauty wherever I go. Raw cooking just rocks my imagination. I mean seriously! Nuts can be turned into milk and cheese?! Incredible! Life, if you let it can inspire you to be so much more.
- From Karen: I am inspired by originality….the beauty that surrounds us in nature… amazing color combinations…and authentic, unconditional smiles…and big, generous hearts. <3
- From Connie: I am inspired by stillness, moonlight, nature and selflessness.
- From Tammy: I’m inspired when I see people reach out of their comfort zones – either trying something new, or trying something that they were afraid of.
- From Eddy: I am inspired by the dawn of a new day and freshness of its blank slate. So many opportunities for a fresh beginning!
- From Stacy: My patients inspire me. Everyday I get to witness their vulnerability, their hope, their courage and their strength. I’m humbled by them.
- From Mary: The magic in everyday most inspires me.
- From Jen: I’m inspired by all the mistakes I make on a daily basis & I make a lot of mistakes! It may sound odd but at some point I stopped beating myself up for failing and making a mess of things and instead I realized that these “flubs” are my best teachers. Without making all the mistakes I have up until now I wouldn’t be the person that I am and I’m inspired by knowing that I get to keep getting to do it over or better and eventually succeeding (I hope!) which help me grow into a better, more compassionate person.
You will find these and many other wonderful, inspiring comments on the contest post. I hope they inspire you as they have inspired me!