Strawberry Vegan Cream Avocado Pie
What do you do when you have a refrigerator full of avocados that are ripe and ready to go? Make a raw avocado pie, of course! And what goes great with avocado? Strawberries!! You know me, I can’t leave well enough alone so I couldn’t stop with just the avocado pie. I simply had to add a strawberry cream topping with a little ganache to finish it off. The result is a delightfully paired trio…avocado, strawberries and chocolate. Another raw food dessert recipe for your collection!
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts (I used presoaked, dehydrated nuts)
- 3 dates, soaked until soft
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until finely ground and well blended.
- Pat into 9″ pie plate. Set aside.
- 3 avocados
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight, rinsed and drained
- flesh from one thai coconut (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup agave nectar or liquid sweetener of choice
- Place all ingredients in food processor, process until smooth.
- Smooth into crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked at least 6 hours, drained and rinsed.
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in high speed blender. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until set (this can take several hours).
- Stir in sliced strawberries.
- Spoon over pie.
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup cacao
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth and glossy.
- Dip spoon in ganache and add to top of pie.