Blackberry and Walnut Salad
It is finally warming up here. The trees have budded and the lily of the valleys are poking their little bells up through the leaves. I am craving raw food instead of cooked food (yes, it changes with the seasons). Blackberries were on sale at my local market and I bought a couple of boxes! Blackberries go beautifully with walnuts but what really makes this salad is the Lime Ginger Vinaigrette with Shallot. It balances out the flavors beautifully and is is literally bursting with spring time flavor.
- 2 limes, juice and zest from (aprox 1/2 cup juice and 2 teaspoons zest)
- 3 teaspoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon agave or raw honey
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together.*
- 1 cup blackberries
- 4 cups lettuce
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Toss all ingredients together. Top with vinaigrette to taste.
*You will have leftover vinaigrette.