Burgers the Raw Food Way!
I have been wanting to make a raw food burger for quite a while now. Finding a great deal on portobello mushrooms was just the dose of inspiration that I needed to put this recipe together. Filled with veggies, seeds and nuts, and hearty savory seasoning, these mushroom burgers completely hit the spot. A little soaking, a little dehydrating and you have a tasty burger that even the fussiest eater will love. If you use the food processor, these go together very quickly!
MAKES 8-9 BURGERS
- 2 cups Carrots, grated
- 2 cups Portobello Mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 cups Onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cups Celery, diced
- 1 cups Walnuts, soaked and ground fine while wet
- 1/2 cups Pumpkin Seeds, soaked and ground fine while wet
- 1/4 cups Water, filtered
- 1/4 cups Nama Shoyu
- 1 teaspoon Sage
- 1 teaspoon Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 cup oat flour, raw OR 3/4 cup flax, ground
- Combine carrots, mushrooms, celery, and onion.
- Stir in walnuts and pumpkin seeds, combine well.
- Combine water and nama shoyu, mix into veggie/nut mixture
- Add herbs, stir well.
- Stir raw oat flour OR ground flax seeds in in batches (half at a time)
- Shape into patties roughly 4-5 inches across, no more than 1 inch thick. Place on screens and dehydrate at 140 for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 115 and dehydrate until mostly dry. 3-4 hours. You want these to be moist, not rock hard.