Cacao Coconut Ganache Tart
Desserts, we all love them. They are a big part of the connection between celebration and food. They are also one of the most nutritionally deficient “food” we eat. Think about what goes into a traditional chocolate ganache tart. The filling is dark chocolate and heavy cream. The crust? Artery clogging butter and white flour. Compare that to a tart made from anti oxidant full cacao powder, low glycemic agave and coconut oil with a coconut and almond crust. Huge difference in ingredients. That said, don’t try to convince yourself that this can replace your green smoothies. It is still dessert, just a much healthier version!
MAKES 4-6 SERVINGS
- 1 cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup soaked almonds (soak at least 4 hours)
- Combine all ingredients in food processor, pat into two 4″ tart pans and refrigerate.
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- Melt coconut oil over hot water or in the dehydrator (if you are using it.
- Whisk together cacao powder, coconut oil and agave.
- Pour into tart shells and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.