Carrot Noodles with (Almond) Peanut Sauce
Peanut sauce with noodles is one of my favorite dishes. Once I make it, I can’t stop eating it … which isn’t necessarily a good thing. And unfortunately, the traditional way to make this dish is with canned coconut milk, peanut butter and rice noodles. I wanted a fresher, more nutritious version. Time to rawify it!
To make this recipe healthy, I replaced the peanut butter with a healthy raw almond butter, the high glycemic, low nutrient rice noodles with with carrot noodles and the high fat canned coconut with fresh young thai coconut.
I am thrilled with the results. Elated, in fact. Finally, one of my favorite dishes made with healthy raw ingredients! I hope you enjoy this raw recipe as much as I do. I am lucky there are pictures…I couldn’t resist eating during the shoot!
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter (recipe here)
- 3/4 cup coconut flesh from young Thai coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut water from young Thai coconut
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu or gluten free tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lime, juice from
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- pinch Himalayan Salt
- Place coconut flesh and coconut water in high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add almond butter, nama shoyu, maple syrup and ginger, sesame oil, and lime juice. Blend until smooth.
- Add garlic, chili flakes and Himalayan salt. Pulse briefly to blend.
- Pour over carrot noodle mixture and mix well.
- 4 large carrots, finely sliced (I used my wonderful Mandoline
to do this!)
- 1 cup snow pea pods, chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Mix all ingredients together.