Chocolate Covered Strawberry Macaroons
I had some strawberries, I had some chocolate. They decided they wanted a hook-up. Honestly, I had nothing to do with this. I just watched as the little strawberry macaroons dive-bombed the chocolate. Not that I’m complaining, mind you. They turned out delightful!
- 2 cups Dried Coconut (unsweetened)
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup*
- 1/4 cup Agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 cup Strawberries, diced
- Dice Strawberries and set aside.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together.
- Stir in diced strawberries.
- Dehydrate at 140 for 45 minutes, reduce heat and finish dehydration (3-5 more hours) at 116.
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup Raw Cacao Butter, melted
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- While still warm, dip macaroons.
- Chill to set.
*Maple syrup while not raw, is used in many raw food recipes.