Corn Chips & Guacamole
One of my favorite raw food recipes for an after work treat has always been chips and guacamole. Trying to be healthier, I switched to blue corn chips with flax. Maybe a little healthier than some of the others, but still full of salt, with the nutrients baked right out of them. More empty calories. So, the challenge was to create a raw food recipe for chips that worked with my chunky guacamole and satisfied my salty, crunchy tooth. The answer to the challenge is raw corn chips!
Raw Corn Chips
- 3 cups corn
- 1/4 onion
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- a pinch or two of celtic sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread on a teflex sheet on dehydrator tray. Score the mixture before you start to dehydrate.
- Dehydrate 12 hours at 115%, flip and dehydrate until fully dry and crisp. Break apart at score lines. Makes one sheet.
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 lime, juice from
- 1/2 small hot pepper, finely diced
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- Mix ingredients together. This makes a very chunky guacamole, which I like. Enjoy with the corn chips!