Hazelnut Chocolate Mousse
Hazelnuts and Chocolate are a wonderful combination. Nutella figured that one out years ago. My friend, Jessica made a request that I make a raw food recipe that contains hazelnuts and chocolate. This mousse was the perfect thing. By substituting almond milk and almond butter with hazelnut milk and hazelnut butter, the flavors balance beautifully. Everyone, raw or non raw will love this mousse.
Made with cacao, avocados and hazelnuts, it is nutritious, and full of minerals, vitamins and powerful nutrients.
- 1 cup Hazelnuts (soaked for 3 hours)
- 3 cups Water
- Place hazelnuts and water in blender (I used a vitamix). Blend very well. Strain through nutmilk bag.
- 2 cups Hazelnuts (not soaked, dry)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Follow instructions for almond butter here: Almond Butter. Hazelnut butter takes longer and you will want to add a little olive oil towards the end of processing.
- 2 Avocados
- 1/2 cup Hazelnut Butter
- 1 cup Hazelnut Milk
- 3/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 cup Agave Nectar
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Process until very smooth. Refrigerate before serving. Top with grated hazelnuts if desired.