Pear Walnut Raw Crackers with Raw Pear Fig Compote
Walnuts, and pears come together beautifully in these tasty little raw crackers. Highlighted with cinnamon, sage, cracked pepper and a pinch of salt (himalayan) and topped with a raw fig-pear compote, I mean, who doesn’t like figs, they are the perfect little treat for tea. Well, if you don’t have time for tea, they make a great little snack any time of the day.
This little pear fig compote comes together quickly and is the perfect topping to compliment the crackers. A quick whirl in the food processor and you have a lovely, thick, tasty spread. Just two ingredients, pears and dried figs!
MAKES 75 2X2 CRACKERS AND 1 CUP COMPOTE
- 2 pears, cored and puréed in food processor (I used very ripe, juicy pears.)
- 2 cups walnuts, ground fine in food processor
- 1 cup almonds, ground fine in food processor
- 2 cups raw oat flour*
- 1 cup raw flaked oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper (can add more to taste)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place half the mixture on a non-stick dehydrator sheet. Top with a layer of parchment.
- Roll out dough until it is 1/3″ thick.
- Peel off parchment and score with knife. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145 then reduce heat and continue to dehydrate for 5 more hours. Flip onto mesh screens and finish dehydrating until dry.
Pear Fig Compote
- 1 pear
- 12 dried figs, stems cut in half
- Place pear and figs in food processor. Process until compote texture is achieved. You may need to scrape the mixture down a few times during processing.
*You can buy raw oats and raw oat flour at Sunrise Flour Mill. Optionally, I soaked raw, organic oat groats over-night, dehydrated them and ground them into oat flour with a flour mill. I also made my own flaked oats with a flaker. Both can be purchased through Sunrise Flour Mills.