Pears with Cacao Ganache and Cinnamon
Making an impressive dessert for company doesn’t have to difficult and it can be nutritious! This simple recipe calls for a thin coating of cacao ganache, topped with almonds and pecans that have wonderful fall spices mixed in. It comes together quickly, tastes marvelous and looks beautiful! One pear easily serves two people.
- 3 ripe pears
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup agave nectar (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- Wash and dry pears. Set aside.
- In food processor, pulse almonds and pecans until coarsely chopped.
- Add cinnamon, allspice and ginger. Pulse a few times to combine. Set aside.
- Whisk together cacao powder, agave nectar and coconut oil to make ganache. Place in bowl.
- Dip pears in ganache and let extra drip off.
- Sprinkle with nut mixture. Place in refrigerator to set.