Pumpkin Seed Crackers
Are pumpkin seeds another super food? Would you believe that they are amazingly nutritious? Pumpkin seeds are full of magnesium, which keeps bones strong, promotes healthy heart function and supports your nervous systems function, B vitamins, and are packed with protein! They are also a good source of iron, zinc and fiber! These crackers are great with cashew cheese or just topped with veggies. This is a great addition to your raw food recipe collection!
- 3 cups sprouted wheat berries
- 1 cup flax seeds, ground fine
- 1/4 cup nama shoyu
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Place sprouted wheat berries in food processor and process until meal like consistency is achieved.
- Add 1 cup flax seeds, ground, 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu. Pulse until combined.
- Add onion and garlic. Process until well combined and no chunks of onion are present.
- Spread on teleflex sheet and cover with pumpkin seeds. Press the seeds into the mixture, sprinkle with celtic sea salt and score.
- Dehydrate for 8 hours, pull off teleflex sheets and put back in dehydrator with seeds still on top, until dry.