Raw Cacao Walnut Fudge
Fudge. Easy, decadent, satisfying, raw? You bet. Traditional fudge is made from lots of sugar (the recipe I had called for 2 and 1/2 cups!), butter, evaporated milk, and usually semi sweet chocolate, which is loaded with more sugar and fat. This raw food recipe is quick and only contains almonds, cacao powder and a little agave. I threw in walnuts because they have a ton of their own health benefits (see here) and I love chocolate and walnuts.
- 1 cup Almond Butter (LINK RECIPE)
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/4 cup Agave
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped.
- Mix together almond butter, cacao powder and agave. It is easiest to to this with your hand. Once it is well combined, mix in the walnuts.
- You can put this in an 8 x 8 sq pan or, use a mold. I used a little heart silicone one that I picked up one day.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.