Raw Cranberry Walnut Cashew Cheese
As my Christmas gift to you, I thought I would share one of the recipes from the Rawmazing Holiday Book. This is a great recipe for introducing people to raw foods at any of your holiday parties. Pictured with one of my favorite crackers, Almond Crackers with Tarragon (also from the book) this Cranberry Walnut Cashew Cheese with Thyme makes a great appetizer. No one will believe it’s raw!
The Rawmazing Holiday book is full of wonderful recipes based on all our traditional favorites from the holidays. You can order it here: Rawmazing Holidays.
Wishing all of you a wonderful holiday season!
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon probiotics
- 1 cup chopped cranberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon thyme 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Blend cashews, probiotics and water in high speed blender until smooth. Place in cheese cloth lined strainer, place weight on top and let cure for at least 24 hours.
- Remove from cheese cloth. Stir in chopped cranberries, thyme, and agave.
- Line 5” ring mold with walnuts. Spoon in cheese, top with more walnuts.
- Dehydrate for 12 hours, at 115. Remove ring and dehydrate at least another 6 hours.