Raw Curried Squash Vegetable Noodles on Spinach and Contest Winners!
We have our contest winners! Emails have been sent out. Rebecca, Shelley and Kerry, congratulations!
Winter brings challenges when it comes to raw food, unless you are living in Costa Rica! We crave warmer food, more substantial food. As you know, I don’t have a problem with adding some cooked food. It is my opinion that it should be plant based, whole food. Sometimes adding a good soup, or other cooked food can keep you from over eating some of the raw food that isn’t so good for you in large quantities. Like nuts and coconut oil.
You can also have raw dishes that are heartier. This recipe for Curried Squash Vegetable Noodles on Spinach fits that profile. Raw squash noodles are delicious and well paired with the curry sauce. And when you put it on your bed of spinach, the veggie quantity goes up significantly. It is a great mid-winter recipe.
If you are looking for more transitional foods, we have a wonderful e-book called, Rawmazing Transitional Foods. The beauty of this book is that every recipe includes a raw component. Best of both worlds! You can find it here: Rawmazing Transitional Foods.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked until soft, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 3 teaspoons sweet curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut water (can substitute with plain water)
- 1 date
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Place all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into noodles
- 1 scallion
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- Stir curry sauce, scallions, currants and cashews into squash noodles until noodles are well coated.
- 6 cups spinach
- pinch himalayan salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- Sprinkle spinach with salt, lemon juice and olive oil Crush spinach between your hands until it breaks down a bit.
- Form a bed for the squash noodles. Top with squash noodles.