Raw Food Recipe: Cinnamon Raisin “Toast”
When the sun doesn’t come up until late, and I wake to a house that has a winter chill, my green drink is not enough to satisfy me. I have been working on a raw food recipe for a breakfast “toast” and finally came up with one I love.
This one is made with sunflower seeds, almonds, carrots, apples and is spiked with cinnamon and raisins! My recreation of Cinnamon Raisin Toast. Healthy, hearty and tasty, you will want to be sure to include this in your raw food recipe collection. The hazelnut butter is made the same way as the almond butter. I added 2 T of oil when processing.
Cinnamon Raisin “Toast”
- 2 cups Almonds
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 cup Ground Flax
- 1 cup Purred Zucchini
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Apple
- 1 cup Raisins
- 4 Dates plus 1/2 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Place sunflower seeds in food processor and process until finely chopped. Place in Bowl.
- Place almonds in food processor and finely chop. Place in bowl with sunflower seeds.
- Add flax and stir to combine.
- Process carrots and apple in food processor until you get a puree. Add zucchini puree, mix.
- In blender, blend dates with 1/2 cup water until liquefied. You can soak the dates first to soften. Add to carrot and apple mixture, stir.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry. Mix well. Stir in cinnamon and raisins.
- Spread 1/4″ thick on non-stick dehydrator tray. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 145, reduce heat and continue to dehydrate at 116 for two more hours. Flip mixture onto screen, peel off non-stick sheet and continue to dehydrate for about 4-6 more hours or until dry but not hard. This bread will should be a little soft.
- 2 cups Hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- Process in food processor. Please see Almond Butter Recipe for great pictures and instructions for nut butters.