Raw Food Recipe: Spaghetti and “Meat” Balls
This is actually one of my favorite raw food recipes. When I was in the middle of my Raw 21 challenge, I was craving spaghetti and set out to make a filling raw food recipe. The marinara sauce keeps for days in the refrigerator and the “sausage” keeps for months in the freezer. You can make a big batch and enjoy it for quite a few meals! Raw on the fly! It is a great recipe for your spiral slicer, too!
The winner of the Spiral Cutter is: Jacki (jpsli) Drop me a quick email at Susan@rawmazing.com with your address and I will get it right out to you!
- 2 cups Carrots, grated
- 2 cups Portobello Mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 cup Onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 cup Celery, diced
- 1 cup Walnuts, soaked and ground fine while wet
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds, soaked and ground fine while wet
- 1/4 cup Water, filtered
- 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices.
- 1 cup Oat Flour, raw OR 3/4 cup Flax, ground
- Combine carrots, mushrooms, celery, and onion.
- Stir in walnuts and pumpkin seeds, combine well.
- Combine water and nama shoyu, mix into veggie/nut mixture
- Add herbs, stir well.
- Stir raw oat flour OR ground flax seeds in in batches (half at a time)
- Shape into patties no 4-5 inches across, no more than 1 inch thick. Place on screens and dehydrate at 140 for 1 hour. Reduce heat and dehydrate until dry. 6-8 hours. You want these to be dry.
- Break into bite size pieces.
- 2 cups sun dried tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Soak tomatoes in water until soft.
- Put tomatoes, water and the rest of the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Process until smooth
- 2 yellow zucchini
- Marinara Sauce
- Put zucchini through spiralizer. Set in colander for 20 minutes to let water drain off.
- Top with sauce and “sausage”
*Chef’s Note: I topped this with grated pine nuts for a little extra flavor. I also like to warm this in the dehydrator prior to serving.