Raw Vegan Blueberry Apricot Granola Bar Recipe
It’s that traveling time of year. School is out, vacations are starting. It’s also when I get busy in the kitchen making raw, vegan snacks that travel well. Because I know if I am in the airport, or in the car and I am hungry I might eat something I normally wouldn’t touch if I don’t have my tasty snacks.
But when I have my little treats, I am never tempted to snack on the things that are usually on my “I really don’t want to eat that because I know I will feel like crap if I do” list. And if you find yourself in an airport, or at a truck stop, the healthy options can be tough to find while the unhealthy ones are a dime a dozen.
For this granola bar recipe, I wanted a bar that I knew would keep hunger at bay and give me some great nutrients. I was not shy as I threw together the ingredients. There are a lot of nutritional powerhouses in these! The stars of these bars are dried blueberries and dried apricots. Cacao nibs, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds and a few other tasty ingredients rounded out the batch. Make them with gluten free oats and you don’t have to worry about gluten! I have also included instructions for baking if you don’t have a dehydrator and don’t care if they are raw or not.
makes 12 bars
- 1/2 cup dates (softened)
- 1/3 cup ground golden flax
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter (see recipe here: Coconut butter)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Organic Raw Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup Organic Dried Blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup large flake dried coconut (not sweetened)
- 1/2 cup raw flaked oats
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- Place dates, ground flax, coconut butter, maple syrup and almonds in food processor. Process until you have a coarse paste-like mixture.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Add water as necessary to hold dough together.
- Press firmly into a rectangle that is about 1/2 inch thick. Cut into bar shapes with a sharp knife.
- Dehydrate at 115 for 8-12 hours. Alternatively you can bake at 325 for 20 minutes (not raw).