Raw Wilted Spinach with Tarragon Pine Nut Sauce
How wonderful it is when life throws something completely unexpected your way. Recently, I was shopping at a local cooking store. Having sent the sales person off to look for some small tart pans, I went back to being completely distracted by all the cooking gadgets surrounding me. “How are things?” Looking up I instantly realized that the woman checking on my tart pans was a former bridesmaid of mine! A dear friend that I had lost contact with over the years. She didn’t recognize me either, and we both had a good laugh. Connections made, we were thrilled!
After much catching up, we started talking about raw food. Kim is a very good cook and was quite interested to learn about the health benefits and techniques used to make raw food. What followed was an entire day of raw food creating. She brought some of her favorite recipes and we converted them with fabulous results. For lunch, raw wilted spinach salad with pine nut tarragon hit the spot and she was pleased to see how easy it was to prepare. For one of her first raw meals, it went over well.
Tarragon Pine Nut Sauce
- 2 cups pine nuts, soaked 1 hour
- 1/2 lemon, juice from
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in food processor and blend very well.
- Add chopped tarragon and pulse a few times to mix.
Raw Wilted Spinach
- 5 cups raw spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- To make a “wilted” spinach, rub handfuls of spinach with your fingers until desired texture is achieved.
- Mix in Tarragon Pine Nut Sauce (you won’t need all of the sauce, add by spoonful until you achieve your desired amount) and tomatoes, stir!