Strawberry Fruit Salad
Visiting the produce section is always a fun adventure. I love to see what is new and what has just shown up that wasn’t there last week or even yesterday. On my latest trip, I found blood oranges. They taste similar to regular oranges but have a deep scarlet color. A couple of them came home in my bag and inspired this raw food recipe for strawberry salad. Once again, coconut and chia seeds were used to compliment the fruit and add a nutritious punch. This is a great salad to welcome in the warmer weather.
For more raw food recipes for salads click here: Raw Food Recipes
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 blood oranges, sectioned and halved
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (sulpher free)
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut (large, dried, unsweetened)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons agave
- Juice orange and lemon.
- Add chia seeds and agave.
- Whisk together and pour over the fruit salad, mix in.