Strawberry Watermelon Mint Granita and E-book Sale!
I woke this morning to orange skies from the fires burning around California and threats of record heat in the 100’s. It sounds like most of the U.S. will be super hot these next few days! So to help you (and me) stay cool, it’s time to break out one of my favorite desserts from my ebook, Rawmazing Frozen Desserts, Strawberry Watermelon Granita. In fact, I think I will put the book on sale so you have a bunch of delicious, frozen desserts to help you stay cool through the next week!
Have you ever made a granita? It is super simple and doesn’t require an ice cream maker. Granita (in Italian also granita siciliana) is a semi-frozen dessert made from sugar, water and various flavorings. We are going to “healthify” that traditional recipe by using fresh fruit and almond milk. It doesn’t require any additional sweeteners. That’s a win in my book!
Rawmazing Frozen Desserts is on sale for 12.95 (normally 16.95). You can order here: Rawmazing Frozen Desserts
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups watermelon
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Combine all ingredients except mint. Blend until smooth.
- Stir in mint.
- Freeze using Granita Technique
- Pour liquid into cake pan. Glass works the best. Place in freezer and set timer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and scrape the ice chunks to the center with a fork, breaking up any larger chunks.
- Repeat this procedure until you get a light, fluffy granita.