Summer Pâté Raw Food
When the summer heat hits, I am looking for quick, easy light raw food. Today I threw together a nut and seed pâté that you are going to love. There is about 3/4 of a cup of nuts and seeds plus a cup of chopped carrots, celery, etc. to lighten it up. I threw in some fun, super healthy spices, turmeric, cinnamon, and cumin to give it a lot of flavor. This blends up quickly with a food processor!
You can serve this in romaine leaves, roll it up in chard leaves, and put it on flat breads!
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup finely diced carrots (in food processor)
- 3 stalks finely diced celery
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Soak the nuts and seeds for 8 hours, drain and rinse.
- Place nuts and seeds in food processor. Process until finely chopped.
- Mix together with the rest of the ingredients.
Serve on romaine leaves, roll up in chard, or spread on flat breads!