Sun Dried Tomato Pumpkin Seed Pesto 2
Another way to enjoy your Sun Dried Tomato Pumpkin Seed Pesto. Yesterday, we placed it on a tomato slice and made a great appetizer. Today, enjoy the wonderful flavor and health benefits of pumpkin seeds in a main dish! Combined with zucchini noodles and heirloom tomatoes, this dish makes a filling lunch or dinner that will fit beautifully into your raw food menu. If you don’t have heirlooms, any other flavorful tomato will work.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seed pesto (click on link for recipe)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- fresh basil
- pine nut parmesan (click on link for recipe)
- Run zucchini through spiral cutter to get noodles. Alternatively, you can cut the zucchini into very thin noodle shapes.
- Massage the pesto into the noodles. This works best by hand.
- Once the noodles are coated, mix in sun dried tomatoes.
- Place on plate and top with fresh chopped tomatoes, pine nut parmesan and fresh basil.