Your whole food, plant-based life.

White Chocolate Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart

Years ago, one of my family’s favorite desserts was a white chocolate, raspberry, chocolate tart. I have been thinking about it lately and decided that I was going to make a raw version to bring to the 4th of July celebration at my friend Kim’s house. I was the only raw food person there but I sure wasn’t the only person who loved the dessert. It was a huge success.

If you want a light crust, like in the picture, you will have to peel the almonds. This is actually very easy once they have been soaked. The skins pop right off. This beautiful dessert looks like you spent hours in the kitchen but actually comes together very quickly. You can find raw cacao butter in the Rawmazing Store here: Rawmazing Store.

Share Via
Share with your friends

104 Comments

1. Susan wrote on December 28, 2012

Please see all about substitutions on the FAQ page. Cheers!

2. nouna wrote on December 28, 2012

hello, is there a substitution to the cashews in the Filling?
    Thanks.

3. jane wrote on December 22, 2012

just wondering if this desert can be made 1 day ahead? found some fresh berries and will be taking it to a christmas eve dinner…

4. Amy wrote on December 4, 2012

I LOVE your website! I wouldn’t have been able to make the transition to raw in my life, without this site! I have read the FAQ page which is so helpful. I have bought the books, and I check the site often, and am always excited to try the new stuff. Im trying this recipe this weekend! Just a note to Thank You Susan!

5. Candra wrote on December 3, 2012

Could raw or regular honey be used in place of the agave nectar?

• Susan wrote on December 3, 2012

I have not tried it with honey. You can find good quality, raw, organic agave. I like agave because it takes so little. I would think that you would have to use quite a bit more honey to get the sweetness and that would affect the texture and the ability to set up. You are free to experiment!! Cheers!

6. Oly wrote on December 3, 2012

Absolutely divine!! 🙂

7. Angie Barnes wrote on November 19, 2012

I had the most fun making this divine dessert for a dear friend’s Birthday yesterday! WOW! What a lovely creation of Bliss! So decadent & delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe! I’m excited to try your other recipes, now!

8. Amy Grima wrote on September 7, 2012

What an amazing wealth of recipes you have gifted! You really have a beautiful creativity!

I will post if i try any of your recpes x

Thankyou 🙂

9. Rachael wrote on August 6, 2012

Thanks Susan!
    I made my own cacao butter with black and gold coconut. Less than perfect ingredient, but it’s all I had. It worked a treat! Thank you for your beautiful recipes!

• Susan wrote on August 6, 2012

Just to be clear…cacao butter is completely different that coconut butter. Cacao butter is made from the bean of the cacao plant (which is where chocolate comes from). It has a completely different flavor (tastes like white chocolate) than coconut butter or coconut oil. That said, this tart will work with coconut butter but you are no longer making this recipe, since there isn’t any “white” chocolate and it will taste completely different than the recipe posted. Cheers!