Zucchini Cacao Cookies
We are right in the height of zucchini season and I have pounds of zucchini sitting on my kitchen counter. My farmer friend, Gray, put in quite a few plants and they have been prolific. Inspired by an old, non-raw recipe for zucchini chocolate cake, I put together a raw food recipe for these little zucchini cacao bites. You, and your family will love them. They have a wonderful chocolate flavor and a moist, chewy texture. Feel free to add nuts!
MAKES 3 DOZEN
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups oat flour (raw)*
- 3/4 cup cacao
- 2 apples, cored and quartered
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil (cold pressed)
- Grate zucchini and set aside.
- Mix together cacao and oat flour. Set aside.
- Place apples in food processor with agave, water and olive oil. Process until smooth.
- Stir together flour mixture and apple mixture.
- Add to grated zucchini and stir until well combined.
- Drop by spoonful onto non-stick dehydrator sheets. Flatten slightly. Dehydrate at 145 for 1/2 hour then reduce heat to 115 and dry for 4 hours. Remove from non-stick sheets and continue to dry until done. (aprox 4 more hours)
*You can order raw flour here: Sunrise Flour Mills