Basil and Raw Food, Expanded
As promised from yesterday, here is another great raw food recipe for you! (Note..we haven’t done the pesto, yet). This is a very quick and delicious way to use the Basil Walnut-Cashew spread from yesterday and turn it into a refreshing, satisfying dinner tonight! A little additional Basil Oil, and some filtered water thins the spread into a sauce. Chop up some veggies and you are good to go. Dinner in under 5 minutes!
- Whisk water and basil oil into Basil Walnut-Cashew Spread
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup yellow squash
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Basil Walnut-Cashew Spread
- Chop carrots, zucchini and yellow squash into bite-sized pieces.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- Top with sauce and mix to coat.
- Optional, top with chiffonade basil (thinly sliced), Himalayan sea salt and pepper to taste.
*Chef’s note: this sauce has a brownish tinge to it from the walnuts. If you want a white sauce, replace the walnuts with more cashews. But they are so darn healthy, I would use them!