Cacao Walnut Cookies
I was going to write “cookies” and leave it at that. Seriously, do we need any more words? Cookies have played a large part in many people’s lives. I recently asked some friends what their favorite cookie memory was. The stories that came back were great. Everyone had a very vivid memory involving cookies and family. My favorite story involved a little boy that decided to run away from home. His sister and mother started baking cookies. He didn’t make it past the porch before the smell hit him and his adventure was averted.
We have a deep psychological connection to certain foods. Those foods are usually the most difficult to eliminate as we are on our journey to better health. So how do we deal with those cravings?
Eating a raw food diet doesn’t mean having to give up the foods that we love. With a little creativity and know how, recipes can be converted and cravings fulfilled in a much healthier way! These wonderful cookies are made from almond flour. (Ground up almonds) with a little cacao and wonderful healthy walnuts. A great recipe to add to your raw food collection. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground flax
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup agave
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Mix almond flour and flax and cacao powder.
- Stir in oil, water, agave and vanilla.
- When it is well mixed, stir in chopped walnuts.
- Form in to balls, press flat with palms and place on dehydrator screens.
- Dehydrate 1 hour at 145, then reduce to 116 and dehydrate for at least 5 hours or until desired dryness is achieved.