Marinated Mushrooms and Cauliflower Mash
What is the raw foodists answer to steak and potatoes? Marinated portobello mushrooms and rosemary cauliflower “mashed potatoes”. There are quite a few recipes out there but this one comes right from the Kitchen at Rawmazing with my special signature. A little time in the dehydrator deepens the flavor of the cauliflower. Combined with a few pine nuts and rosemary, a gourmet dish is created that even the fussiest eaters will love.
My favorite marinade for mushrooms is a simple combination of Namu Shoyu, Oil and a little agave. It is simple and flavorful. My biggest problem is trying not to eat all the mushrooms before the photo shoot is over! As an interesting coincidence, my friend, Gena from Choosing Raw posted a different version just the other day. You can see hers here: Choosing Raw
- 3 Large Portobello Mushrooms, Sliced 1/3″ thick.
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Nama Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon Agave (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- Mix marinade ingredients, pour over mushrooms and marinate for at least 4 hours. I like to do this the night before and leave them in the fridge. You will need to occasionally stir them.
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower
- Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary (coarsely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Filtered Water
- Cut all florets off of the main stem. Thinly slice.
- Place slices and any extra pieces in bowl. Sprinkle with oil, salt and pepper. Toss.
- Place on two non-stick dehydrator sheets and spread so there is just one layer of cauliflower. Dehydrate at 116 for 2 hours.
- Place in food processor along with pine nuts, oil and water. Process until pureed. Add rosemary and blend. Salt and pepper to taste.
Chef’s Note: I love to warm this up in the dehydrator before serving.