Raw Banana Cream Pie
I am a big fan of bananas. They are loaded with potassium, B6 and fiber. They are also extremely portable, as they come with their own carrying case that is very easy to discard (yes, I am referring to the peel). I had a couple of ripe bananas sitting on the counter just begging to be turned into something wonderful. The walnut crust and touch of chocolate are the perfect compliments to the banana infused filling. This banana cream pie recipe makes four 4-inch tarts. You can order the tart pans here: 4″ tart pans.
MAKES FOUR 4-INCH TARTS
- 1 1/2 cups Walnuts
- 1 cup Brazil Nuts
- 5 Dates (soaked until soft)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Butter
- Pulse walnuts and brazil nuts in food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Chop dates and add to food processor with coconut butter. Process until well blended.
- Press into tart shells two 4 inch tart shells. Crust should be 1/4″ thick all around.
- 2 cups Cashews (Soaked at least 3 hours)
- 1 cup Young Coconut Flesh
- 1/4 cup Coconut Water (from fresh coconut)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Agave (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 1 Vanilla Bean, scrape out the insides
- 2 Bananas, sliced, separated
- Process cashews, young coconut flesh and coconut water in food processor until well blended.
- Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 1/4 cup agave, 1/4 coconut butter, vanilla bean insides and one banana and continue to process until light, fluffy and very well processed.
- Transfer to bowl and add second sliced banana, stir to combine. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator, spoon into crusts and sprinkle with left over crust mixture and dried coconut. Top with melted raw chocolate.
- 1 cup Raw Cacao Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1/3 cup Powdered Sucanat (finely ground in coffee grinder)
- 2 tablespoons Agave (or liquid sweetener of your choice)
- 7 oz. Cacao Powder
- Melt cacao butter and coconut oil in dehydrator or over hot water.
- In food processor, combine melted cacao butter, coconut oil and vanilla. Remove 1/2 mixture and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cacao powder and combine.
- Add sucanant and combine.
- Add coconut butter that was set aside and combine.
- Add remaining cacao powder, mix well. It should be quite liquid at this point. It will harden as it cools.