Raw Food Recipe: Banana Pecan Pancakes
When I was a little girl, every Sunday after church my family would go to breakfast at our local pancake restaurant. I still have those Sunday morning pancake cravings but no desire to eat traditional pancakes. For mother’s day, I decided to make create a raw food recipe for my favorite pancakes, banana pecan! They are amazingly filling, and will satisfy the desire for a special Sunday morning breakfast.
- 1 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup dried, unsweetened coconut*
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup raw agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup sliced bananas
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- Mix all ingredients together. You might want to get in there with your hands. Shape into pancake sized patties.
- Place on dehydrator shelf with screen. Dehydrate at 140 for 30 minutes, then 116 for another 30 minutes. These should still be moist.