Raw Orange Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding
I have been having a craving for oranges lately. Big juicy oranges. Maybe it is because we are actually starting to get hints of spring, or maybe because I just need some citrus. I also was longing for some new and interesting breakfast ideas. It’s been a long winter! I bought a big bag of oranges and put together this raw food recipe for Orange Chia Seed Breakfast Pudding. It’s a hit. Honestly, you could eat it any time of the day but it made a beautiful breakfast for me this morning. I topped this with the granola recipe from Rawmazing Transitional Foods.
- 1/4 cup almonds, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 3 dates, softened with pits removed
- 3 oranges
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Granola for topping if desired (from Raw Transitions)
- Place almonds and water in high-speed blender. Process until well blended.
- Remove to nut milk bag and strain.
- Place almond milk back in blender with dates. Blend until very smooth.
- Remove the zest from one orange and add to the almond milk date mixture. Segment the insides of the orange and set aside.
- Juice the two remaining oranges. Add juice (aproximately 1/2 to 3/4 cup) to the almond milk and zest. Stir.
- Add chia seeds, stir. Let set for 20 minutes.
- Stir in orange sections that you set aside.