Raw Sesame and Flax Crackers
As we move into the holidays, I love making raw food that not only satisfies your every day needs but will also look great on a holiday table. These raw, flax crackers are gluten free and incorporate black sesame seeds for a fun accent. The black sesame seeds add protein and zinc, which are important ingredients to your diet. I used raw, organic oat flour in these. It gives a great flavor and also texture. Plus all the health giving benefits of oats! Not all oat flour is raw. You can find it through Sun Rise Flour Mill.
MAKES 2 SHEETS
- 1 cup flax seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup raw oat flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup black sesame seeds
- Soak 1 cup flax seeds in 2 cups water for 5+ hours.
- Mix together with oat flour, 1/2 cup water, onion flakes, and Celtic sea salt.
- Spread on non-stick dehydrator sheets about 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and score with knife.
- Dehydrate at 145 for 1/2 hour then reduce to 116 for 2 hours. Remove non-stick sheets and place top up on screens. Dehydrate at least 2-4 more hours or until dry.