Raw Vegan Spring Rolls Bowl
I love making spring rolls. I love them so much that I often keep a bag of my spring roll mix in the fridge for impromptu spring roll addiction easement (wink).
Taking this little addiction of mine into the latest trend…the “Buddha Bowl”, it wasn’t too hard to make the leap to a spring roll bowl. It’s easy to put together and has all the taste of the spring rolls without the labor and rice wrappers. Which I didn’t miss.
My favorite mix is carrots, scallions, cabbage, avocado and snow peas. You can pre-mix everything but the avocado and keep that for more than a week in the refrigerator. Just add the avocado right before you use the mix and it will be fresh.
The “peanut” sauce dressing is actually made from fresh almond butter. And in this recipe, the sweetness comes from dates! All whole foods for this recipe.
Coconut Aminos are sweeter and not as potent as soy sauce. If you use soy, add a little at a time to taste.
Spring Roll Filling
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced
- 5 carrots, shredded
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 lime, sliced
- Mix all ingredients except lime slices together. Place in bowl and toss with “Peanut Sauce”. Top with a squeeze of lime juice.
- 1/2 cup almond butter (recipe here)
- 2 dates, soaked until soft (save soaking water)
- 1/2 cup date soaking water
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce (recipe here)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos
(or soy sauce)*
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You can add more of the date water if it is too thick.