Wild Plate Contest Winner!
We have a winner! Dabney was picked by our random number generator! Congratulations, Dabney!
Now for the rest of you. Something magical always happens when I have a giveaway. I like to ask a question that needs to be answered to enter. For this contest, the question was to write about something that inspires you. I picked this because I was inspired by Laurel Anderson, the author of, “Wild Plate”.
Reading the comment entries that came in uplifted my spirit and completely made my day. I wanted to share some of the responses. I would encourage you to take a stroll through the comments as I am sure it will have the same effect on you.
Inspirations from our Entries:
- From Dabney: I’m inspired by foraging foods for almost 40 years…it would be lovely to get some new recipes!!!
- From Katie: Science inspires me. The science of food, the science of women, the human body, the science of God. I absolutely love the science behind a raw/whole food/plant based and holistic lifestyle. Without it I literally would not have my son. It inspires me everyday to keep going and proves to me that I am doing a great job as a mother, wife, and person in general.
- From D. Zola: I am inspired the dawning of a new day as the Sun rises, the sky burst with colorful rays of possibilities and my opportunity to impact the world begins.
- From T. Rosemary: Being an colon cancer survivor, I’m inspired by food that contributes to my health, instead of taking it away…
- From Catherine: There really isn’t one thing that inspires me. I see the colors in an abalone shell and I’m in awe. I have stood on the edge of Mt. Cook in New Zealand and listened to the ice crack on a sunny day. It entertained me for hours. My kids, when they tell stories about their day and events are so entertaining. There is so much more and you are probably wondering how this inspires me and I would ask you how could it not. I’m inspired to be a better Mum, enjoy the simple things in life, and find beauty wherever I go. Raw cooking just rocks my imagination. I mean seriously! Nuts can be turned into milk and cheese?! Incredible! Life, if you let it can inspire you to be so much more.
- From Karen: I am inspired by originality….the beauty that surrounds us in nature… amazing color combinations…and authentic, unconditional smiles…and big, generous hearts. <3
- From Connie: I am inspired by stillness, moonlight, nature and selflessness.
- From Tammy: I’m inspired when I see people reach out of their comfort zones – either trying something new, or trying something that they were afraid of.
- From Eddy: I am inspired by the dawn of a new day and freshness of its blank slate. So many opportunities for a fresh beginning!
- From Stacy: My patients inspire me. Everyday I get to witness their vulnerability, their hope, their courage and their strength. I’m humbled by them.
- From Mary: The magic in everyday most inspires me.
- From Jen: I’m inspired by all the mistakes I make on a daily basis & I make a lot of mistakes! It may sound odd but at some point I stopped beating myself up for failing and making a mess of things and instead I realized that these “flubs” are my best teachers. Without making all the mistakes I have up until now I wouldn’t be the person that I am and I’m inspired by knowing that I get to keep getting to do it over or better and eventually succeeding (I hope!) which help me grow into a better, more compassionate person.
You will find these and many other wonderful, inspiring comments on the contest post. I hope they inspire you as they have inspired me!
Yvonne wrote on September 26, 2016
My Mother is my inspiration. In the 80’s she was diagnosed with Diabetes Type 2. She was given two options, insulin or to change her diet. There was no internet nor nutritionist to guide her. She did her own research, learned to re-create her favorite unhealthy foods into healthful renditions.
Fast forward to 1999, I was slightly overweight, had poor sleeping habits, and low-to-no energy. I talked to my Mother. She reiterated her journey toward better health. Voila! Here I am today, med-free, slim and healthier at 70 than I’ve ever been.
Thanks Mom. Miss you. She passed away peacefully in 2005.
Mary Bullock wrote on December 17, 2015
I have added fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and legumes to my diet. I try to makes good choices. Of course living in the New Orleans area makes it really challenging but I drink fresh fruit n vegetable juice or drinks as often as possible. Its a journey. Making small changes and investing in my health helps inspire me. Knowing that through diet and exercise, I can change the course of muy life and I’m all about living and living life to the full. I desire the best quality of life and I know from experience the impact of both diet and exercise.
patricia sierra wrote on November 22, 2015
Dis overing a few yeras back was a blessing and inspired me to motivate myself to eating clean healthy and raw. I learned that eating raw comes with such great recipes that you realize after savoring these delicious meals that even though the words Eating Raw doesnt mean its only about salads bug a whole lot of rawmazing and I can call.myself a cook now lol I love to see the faces on my friends when they realize what they’re eating and want more thank you so much for teaching me how to eat to live
Maria wrote on November 22, 2015
Merci de votre générosité en partageant vos recettes que sont délicieuses, pleines de couleurs et bonnes odeurs. Elles inspirer à faire la bonne cuisine.
Leslie wrote on November 21, 2015
Would like to read the winners comment !
So much encouragement , THANKYOU 🐝
Susan wrote on November 21, 2015
Hi, Leslie, Dabney’s comment is the first on on the list. But the comments were not judged, the winner was picked at random. 🙂
Alix wrote on November 20, 2015
congratulations to the winner and to all of us for joining in.
Melissa Ogilvie wrote on November 20, 2015
would love to read the winning comment
Susan wrote on November 20, 2015
I have added it to the top. Please remember, it wasn’t the wording of the comment. We use a random number generator to choose the winner. 🙂
Pam wrote on November 20, 2015
Congrats lucky Dabney! 🙂
Sue wrote on November 20, 2015
So what did Dabney say….or did I miss it. You posted a bunch of entries but I didn’t see hers.
Susan wrote on November 20, 2015
Dabney was inspired by forging foods. But the winner was chosen by random number generator so the actual comment was not judged. Cheers!