A Quick and Easy Vegan Cheese Spread
As promised, here is the recipe for the vegan cheese spread pictured with the Walnut Sun-Dried Tomato Olive Crackers. Macadamia nuts are my favorite nuts to make these quick “cheese” spreads. If you soak them and add a little lemon juice with your other spices, you get a light textured (like ricotta) tasty spread that is very quick to do.
MAKES 1 CUP
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juice from
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, softened and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs (I use a blend from Penzeys)
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Place macadamia nuts in food processor and pulse until a texture resembling ricotta cheese is achieved. Do not over process.
- Remove to bowl and stir in remaining ingredients.
- You can shape into a round and dehydrate overnight if you wish to add a “rind”