“Chocolate, Chocolate Chip” Cookies Raw!
I had a craving, late last night and it turned into a great raw food recipe for chocolate, chocolate chip cookies! The secret ingredient in these is zucchini. It adds nutrition and moisture but no flavor. Walnuts, of course are very healthy but optional in this recipe. You can add cacao nibs but taste them first so you are sure you like the flavor they impart. Really, they are cacao, cacao nib cookies!
- 1 cup Pureed Zucchini
- 1/3 cup Agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 1 cup Raw Oat Flour
- 1.5 cups Raw Flaked Oats
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs (see above)
- Combine zucchini puree (simply puree zucchini in your food processor), agave and coconut butter in food processor. Blend well.
- Mix together oat flour, cacao, and cinnamon. Stir in wet mixture. Combine well.
- Stir in oats, optional walnuts and optional cacao nibs. Mix well.
- Press into cookie shapes and dehydrate for 30 minutes at 140, reduce heat and dehydrate for 4-5 more hours at 115. Don’t worry about the higher heat to start, the food temp doesn’t go above 115 and it reduces your dehydration time.
Michelle wrote on April 26, 2012
These look do good I want to make some. I am looking for a dehydrater but the one I seen did not look like they had a place turn up or down the temp. It just had a on and off button.
Susan wrote on April 26, 2012
You will need a dehydrator that has an adjustable temperature control. Cheers!
Claire wrote on October 2, 2011
These look great!! I must try them… yummy!!!
Rose wrote on June 17, 2010
These look awesome! Can i make oat flour from flaked oats so I don’t have to buy 2 things?
Susan wrote on June 17, 2010
Actually, I have done it in a pinch. If you have a high speed blender….
Maya wrote on May 31, 2010
I’ve heard soaking oats is very healthy, would you suggest that as an option for this recipe? Much thanks! =D
Susan wrote on June 1, 2010
Are you talking about soaking oat groats?
Rhea wrote on April 21, 2010
My daughter made these for us yesterday, but without the cacao nibs as we are out. I wasn’t sure the batter would make it into the dehydrator with the way the kids were oohing and aahing over it as they took bites. I didn’t try the batter, but the finished cookies – Delicious! These are the most “flour” like of any raw cookie we’ve made, which is a nice change.
Thank you for sharing the recipe Susan!
Alisha wrote on April 20, 2010
These look similar to one of my favorite cookies, the no bake cookie. Thanks for posting a cookie recipe that is not so nut heavy. They look so yummy. Thanks too for the link for the oats. 🙂
Pam wrote on April 20, 2010
Sabine wrote on April 18, 2010
Thank you for this great recipe. I just made a patch today with pecans and cacao nibs and they are delicious.
I made a second batch with some beets I needed to use up. Even with all the chocolate they still look red, but the taste is great.