“Chocolate, Chocolate Chip” Cookies Raw!
I had a craving, late last night and it turned into a great raw food recipe for chocolate, chocolate chip cookies! The secret ingredient in these is zucchini. It adds nutrition and moisture but no flavor. Walnuts, of course are very healthy but optional in this recipe. You can add cacao nibs but taste them first so you are sure you like the flavor they impart. Really, they are cacao, cacao nib cookies!
- 1 cup Pureed Zucchini
- 1/3 cup Agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 1/2 cup Coconut Butter
- 1 cup Raw Oat Flour
- 1.5 cups Raw Flaked Oats
- 1/2 cup Cacao Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup Cacao Nibs (see above)
- Combine zucchini puree (simply puree zucchini in your food processor), agave and coconut butter in food processor. Blend well.
- Mix together oat flour, cacao, and cinnamon. Stir in wet mixture. Combine well.
- Stir in oats, optional walnuts and optional cacao nibs. Mix well.
- Press into cookie shapes and dehydrate for 30 minutes at 140, reduce heat and dehydrate for 4-5 more hours at 115. Don’t worry about the higher heat to start, the food temp doesn’t go above 115 and it reduces your dehydration time.