Cinnamon Pomegranate Flat Bread
I still love to have something a little sweet for breakfast. I think it stems from my days of sugar coated cereal and oatmeal with brown sugar and butter! How to take a grain and destroy it! Today, I take that grain, sprout it, and make it into beautiful fruit infused breads.
Cinnamon Pomegranate bread topped with strawberry cashew cream and a bit of fruit provides a quick, easy and satisfying breakfast. This is another bread that should be dried with just a little moisture left in. Don’t worry about using the whole seed from the pomegranate, they incorporate beautifully.
- 3 cups sprouted wheat berries*
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pomegranates, seeds from
- 1/4 cup agave (optional)
- Place wheat berries in the food processor. Process until berries start to mash.
- Add ground flax and pomegranate seeds. Process until seeds are incorporated and somewhat ground up. If you would like a little extra sweetness, add agave.
- Dehydrate on teflex sheets for 8 hours, flip and dehydrate until bread is mostly dry but not completely hard. Store in Refrigerator.
Strawberry Banana Cashew Cream
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup strawberries
- Process all in food processor or Vitamix until smooth. Refrigerate.