Lemon Glazed Fruit Cloud
I often get asked where I get my inspiration for my raw food recipes. Honestly, it comes from my past food life. My classical french cooking, gourmet wine pairing, foie gras eating, life. I love food. I love all kinds of food. While my love of food hasn’t diminished, my priority is now for healthy, raw food. Food that gives me the highest nutritional value.
I had lunch with my friend, Karen last week. One of the desserts on the menu was a meringue topped with fruit and a lemon glaze. It sounded so wonderful, I had to do a raw version. No crunchy meringue, but a beautiful vanilla custard cloud with strawberries and blueberries, topped off with a tasty, tangy lemon glaze. Enjoy!
- 2 cups Cashews, soaked until soft
- 1 Young Coconut (flesh and 1/4 cup liquid)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Butter
- 1/2 cup Agave*
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Split vanilla bean and scrape out insides.
- Add to all other ingredients and process in Vitamix until smooth. You will have to be patient and use the plunger to get a really smooth consistency.
- 1/4 cup Coconut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Agave*
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Zest from one lemon
- Mix all ingredients together. This will start to set up so make it at the last minute. If it does, you can gently warm it to get it back to a liquid.
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 cup Strawberries
- Zest from one orange
- Vanilla “Custard”
- Lemon Glaze
- Place a couple of spoonfuls on of the custard on the plate. Top with berries. Spoon lemon glaze on top. Sprinkle with orange zest.
A wrote on January 13, 2013
This was one of the best things I have ever eaten!
THANK YOU for the AMAZING recipe!! 🙂
Barbara wrote on August 14, 2012
I have found young coconut flesh in the frozen section at Asian stores. Also found frozen young coconut water although it is disappointing that they add a little extra sugar to this. Hope that is helpful.
markus leming wrote on February 23, 2011
hello again, I am a little confused with the serving again. Are all the recipes, including this one, for 2 people?
Susan wrote on February 23, 2011
No, none of the recipes are for one person. It really depends on how big you want your servings. This will serve 4+ depending on how much you eat. You can get a pretty good idea how many cups a recipe makes by looking at the ingredients.
Kyle Weber wrote on April 23, 2010
Wow! This pretty much looks like it’d taste like heaven! 🙂 I love the photo of it!