Orange Pomegranate Salad
The holidays are over along with tables full of beautiful festive food. While my body is craving clean, healthy raw food, my mind still is looking for beauty. Time for a festive salad! Oranges, pomegranate, pecans and greens topped with an orange chia seed dressing. Quick, festive and delicious!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, torn
- 1 orange
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Tear romaine and place on plate in a circle.
- Remove the membranes from the orange slices and place on top of the romaine.
- Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and top with the pecan pieces.
- Pour dressing over top.
Orange Chia Seed Dressing
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Whisk all ingredients and pour on top of salad.
Nancy wrote on January 5, 2013
We’re new to raw foods, but if this is a typical example, wow! Going to get the ingredients today!
Megs wrote on October 26, 2011
How many calories per serving?
Susan wrote on October 26, 2011
Megs, You would have to find a calorie calculator on line and enter the ingredients to find that information.