Peach Salsa with Raw Veggie Crackers
Sometimes good things happen when you are running late! Which we seem to do often here. It’s frustrating because I really like to be on time but it doesn’t always happen.
Last Saturday, I planned on going to the Farmer’s Market. And it starts. So many things kept getting in the way of my getting out the door. FINALLY, I was able to jump in the car and head to the market. I got there 10 minutes before closing time.
Frustrated, I quickly walked through the booths watching as everyone who hadn’t already packed up was in the process of doing so. I managed to score some beets, bok choy and raw almonds.
I gave up on finding anything more, and headed towards the entry gate. And that’s when I hit the mother load. The organic peach people were trying to sell off their extra peaches. I was offered a beautiful, huge bag of peaches for 5 dollars! There were 2 1/2 dozen peaches in the bag! I didn’t turn that good deal down. I happily handed over my 5 dollar bill and headed home with my score!
The peaches were beautiful but not quite ripe yet. I set half of them on the table by a window and put the other half on a counter, away from the window. The hope was that they would ripen at different times. Having 30 peaches ripen all at the same time could be challenging!
My plan worked and the first batch ripened beautifully. Peaches are my favorite fruit and I knew that I would be eating quite a few of these all by themselves. But with a treasure like this, I also got busy thinking of recipes that I wanted to create. Peach Salsa was at the top of the list.
I love peach salsa and these peaches offered a great opportunity to make up a quick batch. Super simple, and packed with flavor, you can make a double batch, put some in a pretty canning jar and bring it as a hostess gift! I also threw together my favorite, quick and easy raw cracker recipe. It’s super easy, takes very few ingredients and is really tasty! They are a perfect compliment to the salsa.
- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juice from
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and white membrane removed, finely diced
- 2-4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (to taste, I like lots)
- Himalayan salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Chill.
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped into one-inch slices
- 1 cup freshly ground golden flax
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Place tomato, onion and zucchini in food processor and process until smooth.
- Add ground flax, Braggs and salt and pepper and process until incorporated.
- Spread 1/4-inch thick on non-stick dehydrator sheet. Score.
- Dehydrate at 145 for 1 hour*, reduce heat and dehydrate until dry. 12-24 hours, removing to screens halfway through dehydration.
*Yes, it’s still raw. Want to know why? See the FAQ page.