Raw Cacao Pecan Whoopie Pies
I was walking past store the other day and they had whoopie pies in their window. Of course the first thing I thought was, we need a raw food version of those! I got home and set to work, coming up with a cinnamon pecan filling instead of the traditional vanilla one. Full of nutritious ingredients, these make a wonderful treat or dessert. The filling is fast and easy and the actual cookies are easy, too. They do require rolling out and dehydrating so leave yourself time for that.
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (not raw but used frequently in raw desserts)
- Place all dry ingredients in food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Whisk together wet ingredients. Add to dry and process until very well combined. If needed, you can add 1 tablespoon of water.
- Flatten out to a disk shape on non-stick dehydrator sheet. Cover top with wax paper or parchment and roll out to 1/4″ thick. You can pat these into shape also but the dough is really sticky. Cut with a ring cutter. Peel away extra dough leaving circles on tray. Repeat until you have used up the dough.
- Place in dehydrator at 116 for 4 hours. Peel off of non-stick sheet and dehydrate 2-4 more hours. These should be dry but not brittle. A little softness should remain.
- 2 cups soaked pecans, drained (these should be wet for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1/3 cup coconut butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix in food processor until very well combined. Use for filling between two cookies.
Debbie wrote on January 14, 2010
Wow Susan, you make such incredible raw goodies! Such a beautiful, and tasty blog! =)
Barbcam wrote on January 14, 2010
You have got to be kidding me–raw Whoopie Pies? Is this heaven or what? Can’t wait to try these and see how my kids like them!
Eatmytortes wrote on January 14, 2010
Looks delicious. So many yummy desserts being posted lately
Nikki wrote on January 13, 2010
Oh yummy. My sweet tooth thanks you for this! xo
Eco Mama wrote on January 13, 2010
Looks great Susan!
Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) wrote on January 13, 2010
Susan you have totally outdone yourself, these look amazing…even without the filling,wow, and I bet dehydrating them makes your house smell AMAZING!!! I am gonna try to get on these, soon!
Nathalie Lussier wrote on January 13, 2010
Wow these are absolutely lovely! And they don’t sound too complicated either… which is a huge bonus for all the busy folks out there. 😉 (Isn’t that all of us?!)
I have a thing for raw cookies, and yours are just mouthwatering!