Raw Food Recipe: Cacao Oat Goji Balls
School is back in session! A quick, healthy raw food recipe, that is easy to throw together, packs a big nutritional punch and requires no dehydrator provides quick after school snacks.
Goji berries are considered to be one of the most nutrient rich “super-foods” available. Goji berries have protein, healthy fat and fiber. They are also loaded with macro-nutrients and anti-oxidents! They contain 18 amino acids, 8 of which are essential aminos. They also have vitamin C (more than oranges), beta caroteen (more than carrots), and iron!
To read more about the nutritional value of oats, read here: Oats
No dehydrator needed! You can mix these up fast and have them ready. Keep them in the fridge or freeze for later.
- 3 cups raw flaked oats*
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup agave or 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup goji berries
- Mix oats, cacao and almond flour together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, whisk together agave, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry. Add almond butter. Mix well.
- Mix in goji berries.
- Form into 1″ balls, chill to set.
*Note: you can find raw flaked oats here: Sunrise Flour Mill