Raw Veggie Rice with Tamari Orange Sauce
This veggie recipe is quick, easy and satisfying!
Here is a quick, raw “stir fry” that makes a great meal. It’s a great addition to your veggie recipes. It is loaded with vegetables, and topped with a Tamari Orange sauce that gives just the right amount of sweet and sour. No oil, no added fat. You can eat this to your heart’s content. And your heart will be content with all those wonderful nutrients.
The “rice” is cauliflower and parsnips and is combined with carrots, mushrooms, snow peas, scallions, peppers and mung bean sprouts. A beautiful medley of color and goodness. I think this will become a favorite go-to recipe.
“Stir Fry” Mix
- 2 carrots cut in 2 inch chunks
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut in 2 inch chunks
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut in pieces
- 2 cups mushrooms, trimmed
- 2 cups snow peas, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 6 scallions, sliced, white part only
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- Place carrots in food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to bowl.
- Repeat with parsnips, cauliflower, and mushrooms. (Do each separately to get best results)
- Mix snow peas, mung bean sprouts and peppers into the veggie mixture. Mix well.
- Top with Tamari Orange Sauce and stir to mix well.
Tamari Orange Sauce
- 1/4 cup low sodium tamari
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour over chopped veggies.