Stuffed Avocados with Chipotle Mayo
We had record breaking heat in Minneapolis yesterday. 95 degrees and humid. But I hear it snowed in Salt Lake City? I know there are a lot of you that love the heat, but for this Minnesotan, it was almost unbearable, especially at this time of year.
When it heats up, I have no desire for heavy, dense food. Very unlike the middle of the winter when it is -30 below! I have never made stuffed avocados and decided that a nice, substantial salad would be perfect for a hot evening. I kept it refreshing and light with the addition of jicama and celery. The chipotle “mayo” was the perfect binder, adding a lot of flavor and a little kick!
- Chipolte Mayo (recipe: HERE)
- 3 Avocados
- 1 cup Jicama, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion, diced
- Make chiptole mayo and set aside.
- Slice avocados in half, remove pit and set aside. Combine diced jicama, celery, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds and chopped onion. Stir in 1/2 to 1 cup of the chipotle mayo.
- Spoon into avocado halves.
Denise wrote on July 10, 2016
Cipolte mayo recipe is gone
Susan wrote on July 11, 2016
Thanks for letting me know. It was there, just the link needed to be fixed. If you ever have a problem finding something, we have a great search function on the top bar. Cheers!
Alexis K. wrote on November 11, 2012
I just finished eating this. Made it for lunch for myself and my beau. He’s no where near raw or even vegetarian, but thought they were very good. We added a bit of salt and pepper to the top. Very very good. Mmmmm!