Stuffed Avocados with Chipotle Mayo
We had record breaking heat in Minneapolis yesterday. 95 degrees and humid. But I hear it snowed in Salt Lake City? I know there are a lot of you that love the heat, but for this Minnesotan, it was almost unbearable, especially at this time of year.
When it heats up, I have no desire for heavy, dense food. Very unlike the middle of the winter when it is -30 below! I have never made stuffed avocados and decided that a nice, substantial salad would be perfect for a hot evening. I kept it refreshing and light with the addition of jicama and celery. The chipotle “mayo” was the perfect binder, adding a lot of flavor and a little kick!
- Chipolte Mayo (recipe: HERE)
- 3 Avocados
- 1 cup Jicama, diced
- 1/2 cup Celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Sweet Onion, diced
- Make chiptole mayo and set aside.
- Slice avocados in half, remove pit and set aside. Combine diced jicama, celery, cherry tomatoes, sunflower seeds and chopped onion. Stir in 1/2 to 1 cup of the chipotle mayo.
- Spoon into avocado halves.