Tarragon Mushroom Tart
I am entertaining this weekend and I want to knock the socks off of my non-raw food friends. They will be feasting on this Tarragon Mushroom Tart raw food recipe! It is easy, nutritious and very gourmet with it’s combination of mushrooms, white wine and tarragon. One of my favorites! This one is a must for your entertaining collection.
I would serve this with a big salad.
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Hemp Seeds
- Cover pine nuts and almonds with water and set aside to soak for 2-3 hours. Drain, place in food processor. Process until fine.
- Add hemp seeds, salt and pepper. Process to combine.
- Place in tart pan and dehydrate 3-4 hours or until dry. You can start the dehydration process at 140, turning down to 115 after 30 minutes.
- 2 cups Mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Nama Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon Agave
- Combine olive oil, nama shoyu and agave.
- Pour over mushrooms.
- Marinate overnight in the refrigerator. Drain before using.
- 2 cups Cashews, soaked until soft
- 1/4 cup Dry White Wine
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 3 tablespoons Shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon Tarragon
- pinch of white pepper
- pinch salt
- 2 cups Marinated Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Scallions
- Place cashews, wine, shallot, water, olive oil and pepper in food processor and process until smooth.
- Stir in mushrooms, tarragon, and scallions.
- Spread into tart shell and refrigerate until set.
Chef’s Notes: You should start this the night before. Marinate the mushrooms, and start soaking the nuts. The crust can be made first thing in the morning, the rest of the tart, about two hours or more before serving. You can substitute 1 T lemon juice plus 3 tablespoons water for the wine. I used a 4 x 14″ Tart pan.