Tofu Lettuce Cups
I have loved lettuce cups for years. There is something so tantalizing about the spicy filling juxtaposed with the refreshing, cool lettuce. I want to say it’s a party in your mouth but seriously, that is not one of my favorite ways to describe food. Even if it is true.
I have researched recipes for these tasty little delights. But so many of them are full of processed sugar. And when I say full, I mean like a cup in a recipe! That is a lot of sugar. Combine that with the high amounts of oil and salt in many of these recipes, they are a no go. It was time to make a tasty lettuce cup recipe that has all the flavor without all the unhealthy additions.
It’s pretty easy. You just cut up the tofu, let it sit in the marinade for at least an hour or two then bake it off. Super simple and great for these warm summer nights. You get all the taste without the processed sugar and oil.
3 Ebook Collection Sale!
Just a quick note to let you know that the Rawmazing 3-Ebook collection is on sale for a limited time for only 9.95! This collection includes Rawmazing Frozen Desserts, Rawmazing Holidays and the best selling, Rawmazing Transitional Recipes. 3 books full of delicious raw and transitional recipes with full color pictures included with every recipe!
Almost all of the recipes are inclusive in the books and with a couple of exceptions, are not on the website. If you are transitioning into raw foods, you will love all of these, especially the Transitions book. And the recipes in the Frozen Desserts Book are some of my best! The Holidays Book takes many of your favorite holiday recipes and turns them into raw delights.
The books are offered as a bundle for 29.95 but for a limited time, you can get them for 9.95!
Click here for the deal: 3 Ebook Bundle Sale
- 2 boxes organic, firm tofu, cut into small squares
- 2 cups crushed pineapple (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons date paste
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcester sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Stir all ingredients except tofu, together in a medium bowl with cover.
- Add tofu and toss to coat.
- Marinate, tossing occasionally for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Bake at 400 for 1 hour. You will want to toss the tofu squares occasionally so they brown easily.
- Marinated, baked tofu from above
- 1 cup red pepper, sliced in matchstick pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 heads butter lettuce (you can also use romaine)
- Toss baked tofu with the remaining filling ingredients.
- Spoon into lettuce leaves to serve.