How to Make Cashew Flour
Cashew flour is a great alternative for almond flour when making crusts for tarts, bars and cheesecakes. Cashews are already sweet by nature and they don’t have the bitterness that almonds can have. Plus, you can get a nice, light flour right in your food processor or blender!
makes 2 cups flour
- 2 cups cashews
1. Place in food processor or blender and process until a powder starts to form.
2. Remove and sift out the big chunks,
3. Add the chunks back to the food processor and process.
4. Repeat this process until all the cashews are powdered.
1. DO NOT OVER PROCESS! You will end up with cashew butter.
2. A food processor or Nutribullet works the best for this. High-speed blenders such as the Vitamix can be over achievers and frustrate you.
3. Only process for a short time and then sift. Patience will get you a beautiful, consistent product.