Answering Your Raw Food Questions
Black Beans with Pineapple Mango Salsa from the upcoming e-book, “Transitional Raw Food”
One of the best things about having this raw food website is when I get to interact with YOU! Every day, emails from Rawmazing readers hit my inbox and I love opening then and answering your questions about raw food. Some questions come up quite often. “They” say that if one person actually asks the question, there are many more that are thinking the same thing. Please note, if you have emailed me and not gotten a response, it is probably because somehow my email wouldn’t go back through to you. I do get bounce backs sometimes.
I also try to answer your questions in the comments. I must say, I love comments and appreciate your taking time to drop a note. It is a great way for me to know that you like what I am writing about and creating. It is also another good place to get a question answered. Because of you, Rawmazing now is getting over 175,000 hits a month! It is pretty darn exciting to see how many people are interested in eating healthier.
This is as good as time as any to restate that I can not answer any questions relating to raw food and personal, specific health issues. Rawmazing’s disclosure: This website is intended to give you information about healthy eating based on research, personal experience. I am not a doctor and information on this website should not be considered medical advice. Please consult your physician for health treatment and diagnosis. So, if you ask a question about a specific health problem you are having, I will direct you back to your health practitioner.
Your Frequently Asked Questions
1. When are you coming out with the Transitional Raw Food Recipes? The minute I published Rawmazing Simple Raw Food, my in-box was flooded with emails asking when the transitional recipe book would be out. I decided that because of the interest, to jump right in and get an e-book together as quickly as I could. Honestly, I have been having a ton of fun doing these recipes. There are techniques I have never used before and the results are beyond delicious and super healthy. All of the recipes are vegan, gluten free and have a raw element. For the cooked element, I am using only super healthy ingredients, NO processed products. These recipes are a great way to start introducing raw food to your family.
2. Is there a difference between Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter? Yes…there is. Coconut butter has more of the coconut solids in it. It is has a richer flavor to it. Coconut Oil is just that…coconut oil.
3. Can I substitute coconut oil for coconut butter? It depends on the recipe. The texture will hold but flavor will not be the same. Do yourself a favor and find some coconut butter to try. You will love it. You can find it in the Rawmazing Store.
4. What do you typically eat in a day? That is fodder for a whole blog post. I am working on it. I will say this. I am about 95% vegan (I occasionally eat eggs and will indulge in a piece of cheese once in a while but only from cruelty free sources). I am also about 90% raw, over-all. More in the summer, a little less in the winter. I do make sure I have a raw element in every meal. Honestly, if I eat a meal of all cooked food, I don’t feel well. I want to go lay down and take a nap. When I eat raw food, I feel energized from my food, when I eat cooked, I don’t. But if I am going to eat cooked food, that balance of 50% raw will make all the difference.
5. Where can I find (fill in the blank)? It is my greatest goal to keep all of the recipes on Rawmazing simple and approachable. That includes the ingredients used in them. But I know that not everyone can get everything. What is the best way to find ingredients? Google! And I will give you a little hint. If you are trying to find something in your city, google the ingredient and then the name of your city. I was able to get my hands on Black Rice (forbidden rice) that way in Minneapolis.
Keep those emails and questions coming…I will try to get to every one.