Jicama Dill Avocado Salad
I am in the midst of a love affair. Completely head over heels swept away. And by a fruit, no less. The object of my affection? The avocado. The Haas avocado to be precise. And it is the perfect time of year to grab a few of these beauties and have your way with them!
The Haas avocado is a California avocado that has a pebbly skin that turns a dark purple as it ripens. Full of nutrients, the avocado is considered to be a heart healthy fat. Not only is it full of mono-unsaturated fat, it also contains Vitamin K, Folate, Potassium, Lutein, Magnesium, B6, Vitamins C and E, and a significant amount of healthy fiber.
In raw food recipes, avocado’s are a wonderful substitute for butter, cream and other high fat dairy products. Avocados combine with cacao to make a wonderful Cacao Mousse, love other fruits and vegetables in salads like my favorite, Avocado, Mango Broccoli Salad, and sub in for mayo, in today’s recipe for Jicama Dill Avocado Salad which replicates your favorite egg salad recipe. This tasty raw food salad is hearty enough for a main dish.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 6+ hours, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 lemon, juice from
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon agave or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- 3 avocados, mashed
- 1/2 cup “mayo”
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 large jicama, cubed
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- Mix “mayo” into mashed avocado.
- Toss together with remaining ingredients. Serve chilled on lettuce.