Broccoli, Mushroom “Stir Fry”
Ok..it is stirred, but not fried. Creating new raw food recipes is something that I love to do. Even more fun is getting surprised along the way. When I started this recipe, I had something very different in mind. As I started throwing ingredients together, I was taken in a completely different direction. The result is a very quick and easy “stir fry” that will please everyone. This raw food recipe will banish all of your excuses! It is not complicated, it does not take too much time and the flavors are great.
A quick marinade, chop a few veggies, toss and eat. Parsnips make up the “rice”. I am becoming very fond of parsnip rice!
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Nama Shoyu
- 1 tablespoon Agave or Raw Honey
- Whisk olive oil, nama shoyu and agave or honey together.
- 1 1/2 cups Sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup Chopped Broccoli
- 1 Large Parsnip
- 2 Carrots
- 1 cup Pea Pods
- Sesame Oil (optional)
- Black Sesame Seeds (Optional)
- Place broccoli and mushrooms in marinade. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- Peel and cut parsnip into pieces. Place in food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Cut the carrots into match stick sized pieces.
- Chop the pea pods into 1/2 inch pieces and mix into the parsnip “rice” with the carrots.
- Stir in the entire broccoli, mushroom marinade mix. Toss. You can dress it with a little sesame oil and black sesame seeds for more flavor.